Introducing the Illadelph Glass "Illa-Pen" Vaporizer Pen
From the time up to now, founder of Illadelph Glass Luca Falso and the the rest of his top tier team have been working to perfect the design of their pen to obtain the biggest hit with the best quality and longest lasting materials possible.
At the beginning of October 2015, Illadelph Glass announced they are releasing the final production version of the 'Illa-Pen' Vaporizer Pen for oil and concentrates.
Along with the release, Illadelph Glass owner Luca Falso included the following personal statement:
We have released our Illa-Pens to the general market, and sent each retailer 2.
The start of this mission was based solely out of the need for a good pen for myself. I had no wanting to compete with the seemingly large e-pen companies on the market. This was about 2 years ago. I started with a Gpen. Back then they broke in about a day, and it was hard to get a replacement atomizer. I am sure they have come a long way since then.
My next pen was an Atmos, similar problems occurred in the wiring of the element coming loose from time to time, but my biggest issue was that it just did not burn hot enough to give me big hits. I would hit the thing like crazy, and it would result in a bunch of "half" hits that did not cut it for me. I would end up taking more of these hits then if I just got one, big satisfying one. Taking upwards of 50-80 hits a day left my lungs feeling the effects, and at points I felt like I needed to quit the pen and keep it out of my life.
Determined to have the ease of smoking only a click away, and seeing the potential in an e-pen style product for the masses to ENJOY, I started ordering every part available for purchase, to see where the true "core" of this product was. This was still over a year ago that I assembled what I found to be the ideal pen, giving massive hits that leave you satisfied. Since then I have hit my own every day (Not needing nearly as many hits as the former e-pens needed) and have noticed substantial improvement in my 35 year old lungs. ( I started smoking when I was 12 and never have stopped) Needless to say I needed this for my own personal health.
So, I decided I wanted to bring my product to market. I invested in branded batteries, worked diligently with my tool makers that design all my glass joints, in making extra durable domes, and strived to find the best Ceramic Atomizers to match my powerful battery. Every step took time and sacrifice, I did not just hand off the job to China as other companies have done to establish their own products.
My quest was not over as I soon learned that the limited stash of Ceramic Atomizers that had worked so perfectly in my own continued use for the last year, were somehow not easily replicated by the manufacturers. My own Atomizers had a noticeably heavier gauge wire and wick system* used to Atomize, while the manufacturers told me that they stopped making these due to wiring malfunctions. I knew what was possible, as I never had a single issue with my giant bag of Atomizers and began trying to persuade them to create re-engineered samples. 20 samples later I found one to my liking and we were finally ready to unveil this 10 month long project.
*People constantly tell me about ceramic core Atomizers. I have tried them. With the power of my battery, in my experience, the material comes flying out of the ceramic dish, splattering all over the dome. The wick does lead to some manageable maintenance issues, but as well it allows your glob to cling to something and not splatter. The purity of your own product has a lot to do with how gooped up your pen gets and it is advised to use "dewaxed" tobacco. I would love to speak with you more on this subject.
Key points about my pen:
- Larger than normal battery, allows for various voltage, with the 4.8V being my recommendation.
- This high voltage is necessary in creating massive hits, and while the battery is more bulky then most pens on the market, I have found it impossible to get a good hit off anything smaller. The plus side is I charge my battery very rarely, maybe every 7-10 days.
- The Atomizer, as previously stated, is custom despite the generic look. This piece is essential in taking "dab-like" hits, with the heavier wire gauge very much needed. The trick was to create this piece without creating too much electrical resistance for the battery, this was a balancing act to finalize.
- The custom US made dome was also tediously monitored to perfection, with the imported o-ring piece starting to vary and needed custom tooling by my own staff.
- The mouthpiece is also a very rare one, as the design was chosen to diffuse the temperature of the smoke inhaled. I simply cannot hit out of all the open style mouthpieces that are supported by a gaping hole you inhale through. They make the temperature of your hit higher and are more irritant to your lungs.
- We have already established mini coils that work amazingly well in conjunction with our E-pen. With this piece you can completely neutralize the temperature of the smoke, making it much safer for anyone conscious of their health and lung capacity.
- We have decided to go with a unique look in high end packaging that does not mimic other pens. Our All Over Print Case design is made here in the US, as is all our company packaging. We also include a wall charger, a piece that is sometimes missing from e-pen packages. Other pens on the market typically come with only a usb requiring a computer to charge.
I have included a picture showing the laborious task of re-creating the ceramic Atomizers to fit my specs: